Cakes by Zoe Lincoln is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Cakes by Zoe Lincoln may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018 pursuant to The General Data Protection Regulation.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Event information including date and location
- Photographs if these are necessary for a cake design
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To respond to your enquiry and fulfil your enquiry or order
We will not provide your personal information to any other party unless you specifically instruct us to do so, or we are required by law to do so. We do not send marketing emails. We do not use postal marketing.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
How we store your personal information
We store your personal information in password-protected electronic format and/or in printed format within secure storage on our premises, in particular:
- Quotations/Invoices and Cake Order Agreements (which include your name, contact and event information) are stored in printed format.
- Ingredients, Allergens & Non-edible Items documents (which include your name and event information) are stored in printed format. This document is provided to your venue on your event date in order to comply with Food Standards Agency regulations.
- Email communications are stored electronically.
How long we store your personal information for
In order to fulfil our service to you, in the event of matters arising out of the service we provide and to comply with certain regulations we store your personal information for various periods of time, in particular:
- Quotations/Invoices and Cake Order Agreements are stored for at least 5 years after the 31 January submission deadline of the relevant tax year in accordance with HMRC requirements
You have the right to ask to see all the data we keep on you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide this information as soon as possible and aim to do so within 21 days.
You have the right to request that all your data be deleted though, as aforementioned, we do need to store Quotations/Invoices and Cake Order Agreements for at least 5 years after the 31 January submission deadline of the relevant tax year.
How we destroy your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is disposed of securely, as such, personal information in printed format is shredded and electronic files and information are deleted from our computer systems.
If you have any complaints regarding how we handle your data please email email@example.com.